Division of Institutional Advancement
The role of the Division of Institutional Advancement is to advance the university's mission by increasing private and public support; promoting awareness of the university to key audiences, and involving our constituents in the life of the Southern community.
Robert L. Stamp
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
The Vice President's Office oversees and coordinates the operations and activities of the Institutional Advancement Division, which includes these departments:
- Alumni Relations plans and implements programs and activities that stimulate interest, build loyalty, and generate financial support for the university.
- Development leads the university's efforts to encourage and secure private financial support from alumni and friends, corporations, and foundations.
- Advancement Services processes gifts and pledges to the university, maintains donor records, and oversees research, donor relations, and stewardship.
- Foundation Business Office solicits, receives, and administers gifts and financial resources from private sources for the benefit of the university.
- Office of Public Affairs promotes the university both on and off campus through a variety of print and online media.