During Fall 2020, the Office of Online Learning, will offer both synchronous and asynchronous trainings. As synchronous trainings are added to the schedule, they will be listed on the site so please check this page periodically. All synchronous training announcements will also be sent by email to all SCSU faculty. For questions, please email us at OnlineLearning@southernct.edu.
There are currently no synchronous sessions scheduled. Please check back at a later time. All synchronous training announcements will also be sent by email to all SCSU faculty. This space will be updated when announcements are sent.
Attention: The University provides support only for applications accessible through MyApps. Some of our videos may talk about other tools that are useful but not supported by the University.
Rework Your Class in an Online Format:
- Revising Your Course and Syllabus in an Online Format
- Designing a Blackboard Learn 9 Course Shell
- Combining Sections in Blackboard Learn 9 *New Video*
- Engaging Students with Classroom Introductions
- Setting Clear Guidelines and Expectations
- Sharing Important Course Information
Plan Your Weekly Activities:
- Designing your Weekly Content
- Making Discussion Boards Effective Learning Tools
- How to do step-by-step problem solving
- How to Stream a Problem Solving Video *New Video*
Create Assessments That Meet Your Teaching Needs:
- Making Assignments in Blackboard Learn 9
- Creating Tests in Blackboard Learn 9
- Working with Test Pools in Blackboard Learn 9 *New Video*
- Getting Started with the Respondus Lockdown Browser
- How to Grade Labs Using Blackboard Learn 9 *New Video*