Internships are available during the fall and spring semesters at the Center for Career Services. Students interested in marketing, public relations, communication, and professional writing are encouraged to apply.
The duties of the intern include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with writing and coordinating the publication of Career Connection (Career Services' Newsletter)
- Marketing career related programs and services
- Promoting the center in a variety of campus venues
- Representing the Career Center at various University-wide special events, such as: the career fair, workshops, open houses, etc.
- Writing and designing promotional pieces
- Creating marketing materials including print and multi-media
- Presenting career-related peer workshops and educating students about the programs offered at the center
- Assisting with special projects as needed
Computer proficiency, with the ability to learn new programs quickly. Must have strong writing skills, and be able to conduct research. Must be able to demonstrate good oral communication skills, including the ability to comfortably and effectively give presentations. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and have the initiative and creativity to execute marketing and other creative projects.
Strong design skills, including experience with Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator. Experience with, or classroom instruction related to, design and marketing communication concepts.
There are a limited number of positions, and priority will be given to applicants who submit their resume by the following deadlines. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered based on department need. Deadlines with be April 15th for the fall semester, and October 30th for the spring semester.