How to Apply for Housing

In order to be placed into housing at Southern Connecticut State University, you must first pay the non-refundable $250 Housing Deposit and complete an Online Housing Application in Banner Web (please use the instructions below).  In order to be considered for your first preference for residence hall and roommate, please submit both the deposit and application as soon as possible. 

On-campus housing is not required nor is it guaranteed for students. Assignments are made in the order in which the University receives both the completed housing application and the $250 non-refundable housing deposit.

Upon submission of the housing application, you will have until June 30 to cancel your Academic Year Housing Agreement. The $250 deposit is non-refundable.  Beginning July 1, the housing contract cannot be cancelled to reside off campus during the contract term and you are financially responsible for both the fall and spring semesters.

Step 1 - $250 Housing Deposit

 In order to placed in Southern housing, all students must first pay the non-refundable $250 Housing Deposit.

 Please keep in mind you are financially bound to the terms and conditions of the housing contract for the entire academic year (fall and spring semester) and the housing contract cannot be cancelled to reside off campus during the contract term.

Note: All incoming First-Year and Transfer students must also pay the $200 Tuition Deposit at the time the housing deposit is paid.

Step 2 - Online Housing Application

For New & Transfer Students: (Fall Only)
One you have paid your deposit(s):
- Log into your MySCSU:
- Choose "BannerWeb"
-Click “Next Steps” Checklist
-Scroll to “Make your plans for on-campus housing” to pay your deposit
-Click on "eBill + Payment Suite"
-Scroll to the right and click “Application for On-Campus Housing”
-Fill out and submit housing application
For Returning Students:
- Log into your MySCSU: 
- Choose "BannerWeb" 
- Click "Student Services"
- Click “Spring On-Campus Housing Application”
- Fill out and submit housing application

If you are having trouble logging into MySCSU or BannerWeb, please contact the HelpDesk at 203-392-5123



Any student who requests housing for the fall semester (by paying a non-refundable housing deposit and submitting a housing application or participating in the room selection process) have until June 30th to cancel your request for housing to be released from the contract. After that date, a student can submit a Housing Withdrawal Form, which will be reviewed by a committee to determine whether the student meets the criteria to be released from the contact. If a student is not released from their contract, the student will remain assigned to housing for the academic year and all housing charges will apply. 

Southern CT State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record.  The Office of Diversity & Equity has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies.