- Interested members must complete a personal training application and submit to staff. Clients will be selected on a first come, first served basis based on trainer availability.
- All participants must complete a PAR-Q (Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire) prior to meeting with the trainer. If the member requires medical clearance, the participant must present a doctor's clearance note before training can commence. A fitness test will be administered to note initial fitness status. Student must also participate in an inclusive goal setting session with the trainer to help identify any barriers, needs, and outcome goals. Once a personal fitness plan has been provided, trainer and participant may work one-on-one to help reach goals.
- Personal training provided by the Fitness Center is only offered within the fitness center facility. No outside training will be offered.
- The trainer will contact eligible clients to set up appointment dates and times for initial consultations and exercise training sessions.
- Personal training is a great way for students to become educated on how to exercise safely, and the various ways to stay healthy, while at the same time, being motivated towards personal goals.
- Personal training packages consist of a commitment of at least 2 days per week, and a minimum of 5 sessions. See top of page for pricing. All sessions expire within a month of purchase.
- Pick up a Personal Training Application at the Fitness Center!
** Personal trainers not hired or authorized by the Assistant Director Student Center, Fitness Center may not train clients within the SCSU Fitness Center. If found doing so, the trainer and client will lose membership privileges.Note: If a member is involved in a medical incident or if the staff determines a member is at "increased risk" from a health screening form or during a screening test, that member's Fitness Center privileges may be suspended until the member provides a completed medical clearance form to the Assistant Director of the Fitness Center. Any health information collected by staff will be treated as confidential and will be kept private to the extent the law allows.
Allison has a Bachelor's in Exercise Science from UMASS Amherst and is certified as a Health Fitness Specialist through the American College of Sports Medicine. She is also currently pursuing her Master's in Exercise Science with a concentration in Human Performance.