MA in Romance Languages
Learning outcomes of MA in Romance Languages:
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of historical, political and social contexts that shape language, culture, and literature;
- Students will conduct research using all available scholarly resources;
- Students will apply critical analysis and a variety of theories to the study of literature, language and culture;
- Students will write critical analyses of literary works and cultural artifacts from a range of periods, currents and genres;
- Students will engage in informed discussions about literary works and cultural artifacts from a range of periods, currents and genres;
- Students will advance their written and oral communicative abilities in the language of study.
- Students will analyze their target language from a linguistic perspective including its structure, its comparative historical/cultural development, as well as how this foreign language is acquired;
- Students will engage in informed discussions about linguistic, historical and cultural varieties of their target language;
- Students will articulate the significance of literary and cultural artifacts within their historical and cultural context;
- Students will create original work in the target language.