The Department of Chemistry at Southern Connecticut State University is accredited through the American Chemical Society (ACS) and offers an Accelerated Pathway Program to individuals interested in completing their Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees within five years. This flexible program provides students with the opportunity to explore the five main branches of chemistry: organic, inorganic, analytical, physical, and biochemistry.
- Complete both degrees in only five years
- Tailor course selection towards your areas of research interest and career aspirations
- The only Accelerated Pathway Program in Chemistry available through the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities (CSCU) system
- Save 12 credits of tuition by completing both degrees at SCSU
- Professionals with graduate level experience are more competitive upon entering the workforce
- Provides extensive preparation to those who continue on to doctoral-level education
- Accredited through the American Chemical Society (ACS)
Who Should Apply
Outstanding students seeking an advanced degree are encouraged to apply for admission to the Accelerated Pathway Program.
Those seeking a career in industry, government, education, or the non-profit sector, entrepreneurship, as well as those who are interested in pursuing a Ph.D. or medical school, will be well suited to explore this option.
The Chemistry Department has placed student internships in and careers with local companies, including: IsoPlexis; PerkinElmer; Absolute Standards, Inc.; Evotec; Arvinas; ChemWerth; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Synovel Laboratories; Potentiometric Probes; and Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
*Based on 1-year full-time graduate tuition
Dr. Erika Barnes