As you continue your journey to Southern, you will need to complete different steps to prepare for the Fall semester. Please complete the steps below to access your email (required), schedule advising appointment (required), submit your health form (required), schedule orientation, apply for housing, pay for college, and visit campus.
If you have any questions, you can contact the respective office or the office of Orientation, Transition and Family Engagement at 203-392-5189 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access MySCSU
Throughout your college career, you will need to access MySCSU.
- How to Access MySCSU
- How to Access MySCSU Video
- Your SCSU Student ID and Username are listed in your Application Portal.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Setup and Troubleshooting
Check your SCSU Email using the Outlook App
SCSU Email is the official means of communication from the university. It is your responsibility to check it frequently.
Contact SCSU IT Helpdesk if you have trouble logging in.
If you received transfer credit for English or Math courses you may not need to take placement assessments. Your degree evaluation will show your transfer credit and how it has been applied to your degree. Please check your degree evaluation under General Education LEP Tier 1: Foundations to see your English and Math credit. More info on placement into specific courses can be reviewed here.
Our Academic Advisors are excited to welcome you as our newest Southern Owl!
|February 5, 2024
|Appointment scheduling opens
|March 4, 2024
|Transfer advisement appointments begin
|April 2, 2024
|Course registration begins
|August 26, 2024
|Last day to register for Fall 2024 courses
|August 27, 2024
|Fall 2024 courses begin
We encourage you to schedule an advising appointment as soon as possible to take advantage of a timely review of your credits, priority registration, where you will have the most courses open to you and more time with an advisor to cover additional academic information. As we approach the start of the semester, there will be less appointment and course availability.
Students transferring from a foreign university should come prepared with course syllabi and descriptions and are encouraged to enroll even earlier as there is a multi-tiered credit evaluation process that must be complete to be advised appropriately.
Priority Registration appointments
Virtual or in-person
Early action appointments
Virtual or in-person
Once registered, you will be eligible to obtain a student ID and parking decal (both free)
You do not need to wait until Financial Aid is finalized before you can register for classes. You can withdraw with 100% refund up until August 26, 2024.
How to Schedule An Advising Appointment
- Appointment availability will decrease the closer we get to the start of the semester
- Must have paid deposit/confirmed enrollment
- Visit Navigate to schedule an appointment.
- Select Academic Advising and Faculty Office Hours under What type of appointment would you like to schedule?
- Select NEW Transfer Student Advising for What support or service would you like to schedule?
- Follow remaining prompts to schedule the appointment
- View Additional Details for information on how to attend the appointment virtually or in-person
If you need assistance scheduling an appointment, please email email@example.com.
All matriculated (degree seeking) students are required to submit the Connecticut State University Student Health Services Health Form by August 1st.
- Visit Student Health Services Forms to download the form and view instructions. This includes immunization requirements
Contact Student Health Services with any questions.
More information coming soon
If you have a documented disability or other diagnosed condition that impacts your educational experience at Southern, you may be eligible for academic or other accommodations. To see if you are eligible for accommodations, please do the following:
- Complete the Student Accommodation Intake Form using your SCSU Banner student ID number (provided in your SCSU acceptance letter).
- Have your current healthcare provider complete the appropriate Documentation Form for Accommodations available here (under “Registering,” then “Documentation Guidelines”). We strongly encourage the use of these forms because they address the information necessary to evaluate accommodation requests. Your provider may submit a signed letter on letterhead that addresses each of the questions on the relevant CASAS form(s)
- Collect any other relevant documentation such as:
- Your current IEP (Individualized Educational Program) or 504 Plan, along with your most recent academic achievement, cognitive/psychoeducational, and related services (e.g., speech and language, occupational, and physical therapy, etc.) evaluations (School districts complete this testing every 3 years for students with IEPs.)
- Accommodation letters from your previous college or university (for transfer students)
- Healthcare records, reports, etc.
- Submit your documentation to CASAS by:
- uploading it through the Accommodate portal (at the bottom of the completed Intake Form)
- emailing it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- faxing it to us at (203) 392-6829, or
- dropping it off at the CASAS office on the 3rd floor of Buley Library (please place documentation in a sealed envelope addressed to “Accessibility Services”)
- Schedule a virtual or in-person intake meeting with a member of the CASAS accessibility services team
- through the Accommodate portal
- by calling CASAS at (203) 392-6828, or
- by stopping by the CASAS office on the 3rd floor of Buley Library
CASAS strongly encourages students to submit documentation and schedule intake meetings beginning in June (for Fall admissions) or late November (for Spring admissions). Students who wait until arriving on campus may find it difficult to schedule an intake meeting for several weeks due to the large volume of intakes at CASAS. Students also should be mindful that many providers take several weeks to complete and return accommodation documentation forms.
If you have questions about accommodations, documentation requirements, or the eligibility process, please reach out to us at (203) 392-6828 or email@example.com or stop by the CASAS office.
As you continue to make important decisions about your college journey, you’ll be deciding how you will experience Southern’s campus. Living on campus offers exciting experiences, new opportunities for growth and unparalleled convenience.
We hope you choose to live on campus with us. To apply for housing and pay your $250 housing deposit go to your MyHousing portal and follow the steps below.
- Log on to your MySCSU
- Click on Banner Student
- Select MyHousing
- Next to the Residence Life logo on the top left click on the three lines
- Click "Applications"
- Click on "Housing Application and Deposit"
- Complete the application and pay the $250 non-refundable housing deposit
Financial aid is funding that is intended to help students pay for tuition and fees, room and board (or living expenses, if commuting), transportation, books and supplies.
- If you plan on applying for financial aid but have not done so please follow the instructions outlined in The Financial Aid Process. The priority date for Fall 2024 is March 15, 2024
- If you have applied for financial aid you can check the status of your financial aid package, accept your award and complete any requirements.
Remember the FAFSA is a free application and will not ask you for payment.
- Meet one on one with SCSU's free Financial Literacy Director, Lew DeLuca, who will go over payment plan options, financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Learn how to maximize your educational investment by scheduling an appointment!
The Student Accounts Office is primarily responsible for student billing, payment, refund, and veteran enrollment certification processing. Many services may be completed online.
Visit the Student Accounts website for:
- Tuition and Fees
- Bill Due Dates and Payment Options
- Payment Plans
Schedule a personal Birds Eye View Tour of campus with a Transfer Student Assistant who is a current SCSU student! To register please visit Navigate and "Make an Appointment" then select "Orientation and Transition" and "Birds Eye View Tour." We can't wait to see you on campus!