The ComBiNE Program ("ComBiNE Scholars") provides students a number of benefits.
- Scholarship (tuition, fees, room and board) up to $10,000 annually for four years.
- Faculty Mentorship: You will have personal access to a dedicated faculty member on the project team throughout your four years in the program.
- Cohort Support: You will be part of a small cohort of 16 students that can support you while navigating your college experience. You will take multiple classes together with these students. Also, you will be assigned to the same first-year learning community and will attend social cohort-building events together.
- Paid Summer Research Internships: You will have the opportunity to do computational biology/bioinformatics research on campus the summers following your first year and sophomore year and will be paid a $2,250 summer stipend.
- Connection with the Local Industry: You will meet mentors from the local industries who will participate in a bioinformatics seminar series as part of the ComBiNE program. In your junior year, we will put you in contact with the local industries and help you secure an internship for the following summer.
Additional Supports Available to SCSU Students
- Meetings with representatives from SCSU’s Center for Academic Success and Accessibility Services (CASAS)
- Writing Support
- Peer Academic Leaders (PALS) Program
- Career and Professional Development Office services
- Meetings with representatives from University Counseling to discuss mental health resources