Southern will be holding in-person commencement ceremonies this May, outdoors, on campus. Each student will be able to have two guests in attendance and the ceremonies will be livestreamed so that other family members and friends may view the events virtually.
Due to social distancing requirements, there will be five individual ceremonies by college/school. Each will be combined events for undergraduates and graduates, held at Jess Dow Field (the football field behind Moore Fieldhouse and the Wintergreen Building) as per the following schedule:
- Tuesday, May 18, 10 a.m. – College of Arts & Sciences ( for students in the STEM disciplines, Psychology, General Studies and Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Tuesday, May 18, 2 p.m. – College of Arts & Sciences (for students in the Liberal Arts)
- Wednesday, May 19, 9 a.m. – College of Health and Human Services
- Wednesday, May 19, 12:30 p.m. – School of Business
- Wednesday, May 19, 4 p.m. – College of Education
Undergraduate Commencement Graduate Commencement