Integrated Communications & Marketing
The Integrated Communications & Marketing (IC&M) Department provides multiple services for the campus community and beyond, including:
- Developing and disseminating news stories about the university
- Producing a range of publications, from viewbooks, handbooks, academic brochures, and catalogs to special event programs and invitations
- Writing and designing Southern Alumni Magazine
- Running special events, including undergraduate commencement, annual forums, and the Mary and Louis Fusco Distinguished Lecture Series
- Photographing and videotaping the campus, its community members, and its activities
- Developing and maintaining the university web site -- SouthernCT.edu
- Managing Southern's main social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Developing the university's marketing and advertising initiatives, from concept through completion
- Maintaining the university's calendar of events
- Serving as a liaison with the off-campus community, helping to develop, market, and publicize collaborative events
- Developing and maintaining graphics standards for the university community -- including logo use, letterhead style, and more
- Serving as the primary contact for media interested in interviewing member of the Southern community or developing stories about the university
- We have a new name! The Office of Public Affairs is now Integrated Communications & Marketing.
- We've moved! We're now located in Office Building 1 (OB1), at 6 Wintergreen Avenue.