Department of Psychology at Southern Connecticut State University offers an Accelerated Pathway Program to individuals interested in completing their Bachelor’s and Master’s degree within five years. This accelerated program is designed to serve students who have a variety of interests and career paths, including those who would like to strengthen their skills in pursuit of a doctoral degree in this area. Students enrolled in the Accelerated Pathway Program will begin graduate-level coursework in their fourth year of study, providing an opportunity for high-level research earlier in their academic career, advanced career preparation, and expedited degree completion.
- Complete both degrees in only five years
- Tailor course selection towards your areas of research interest and career aspirations
- The only Accelerated Pathway Program in Psychology available through the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities (CSCU) system
- Save six credits of tuition by completing both degrees at SCSU
- Professionals with graduate-level experience are more competitive upon entering the workforce. This program also provides extensive preparation for doctoral-level education
- Research in the areas of Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, and Clinical, Social and Lifespan Pscychology
Who Should Apply
Psychology is a research based liberal arts program designed to develop creative problem-solving skills applicable in research, clinical, industrial, and educational settings. Outstanding students seeking an advanced degree are encouraged to apply for admission to the Accelerated Pathway Program. Those seeking a career in teaching, as well as those who are interested in pursuing a doctoral degree, will be well suited to explore this option.
Career Opportunities This program will provide you with an advantage in the job market and increased earning potential through additional training, an advanced degree, and more research experience. Graduates also gain an advantage for entry into doctoral-level programs.
For potential doctoral candidates, our program provides a basis for additional research and experience that can strengthen chances of later acceptance. For those already working in clinical, educational, or industrial settings, it offers an opportunity to update credentials.
An advanced degree in Psychology opens up an exciting world of career opportunities post-graduation. The employment world for psychology professionals includes: industry, academia, government, non-profits, and entrepreneurship.
William J. Hauselt