Please follow the guidelines closely in order to send files to the video team.
Check Your Phone.
- Make sure lenses are clean and the microphone is free from obstruction.
- Use the best quality set up in your phone (720, 1080, 4k — the higher the number, the better quality).
- Position the phone for the video horizontally (YouTube and web standard)
- Make sure your phone is stable — try not to shake it during recording.
- If possible, use a phone holder or place your phone securely.
- Position the phone at eye level.
Select an appropriate location with good lighting.
- Audio is just as important as video. Be sure the room is quiet and we can hear you.
- Ensure the camera is an ideal distance from you (approximately 3 to 4 feet).
- Check for and remove any background distractions.
- Position yourself in front of and facing a source of light (window or lamp) to avoid harsh shadows.
- Be sure your face is well-lit and clear.
Dress properly. Appearance is everything!
- Wear solid colored clothing with no patterns, which can cause distraction when you move.
Be ready for the video message.
- Prepare your talking points and practice
- Look into the camera lens, not at yourself.
- Speak at a comfortable cadence. Try not to rush.
- Stick to your prepared talking points.
- Make multiple takes so you have options.
- Don’t forget to be yourself!
Sending Your File
Once you have the video file ready, please send us your video using the form. Files that do not meet the standards may be rejected. If rejected, we may ask you to resend a new recording for quality purposes.