Skip to main content
- Students will master important foundational knowledge in Genetics, Plant Sciences, Animal Science. Students will master specialized knowledge in such areas as Anatomy and Physiology, Biodiversity and Ecology, and Cell and Molecular Biology
- Students will achieve Mathematical Literacy. Students will be able to analyze data including calculating the mean, calculating standard deviation and standard error of the mean, graphing data, determining the appropriate statistical test to use for data analysis, and calculating and interpreting statistical tests
- Students will learn Technological Fluency. Students will be able to perform experiments and report their results due to their expertise in operating lab equipment and instrumentation, and use of computer software for data analysis and scientific communication
- Students will be use scientific method to be able to conduct scientific investigation including formulating a scientific question, developing a hypothesis, designing an experiment to test the hypothesis with proper controls following strict experimental ethics, collecting and analyzing data, and communicating their conclusions
- Students will be able to communicate their experimental results and scientific literature through writing lab reports both concisely and accurately, reviewing the scientific literature without plagiarizing, and delivering oral presentations, generating discussion and answering questions.
- Our students will utilize the Scientific Method to formulate, address, and understand scientific questions in their research and the research of others. This process includes observation, hypotheses, experiments, results, and conclusions based on an overarching question.
- Our students will be able to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate codification, organization, and statistical analyses.
- Our students will be able to communicate scientific results effectively in both written and oral presentations. This includes using scientific language, visuals, and the ability to answer questions.