Transfer applicants will have graduated from high school and subsequently earned at least 12 college credits (not concurrent credits earned during High School). Transfer students, including those following a CSCU Transfer Ticket, must submit the following items to complete an application for admission to Southern:
- Complete the Online Application by clicking the "Transfer Application" link above
- Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee (this is done within your online application)*
*Application Fee Waiver: A waiver of the admission application fee is authorized for any financially needy student who completes and submits to the admission office the Transfer Application Fee Waiver form.
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges & universities attended. Official transcripts must be sent directly to Southern Admissions from the issuing institutions.
- Academic credentials earned at a non-US institution must be evaluated (course-by-course) by an accredited service. The evaluation agency must be a member of NACES - List of acceptable evaluation agencies. For questions about the evaluation process, please contact the agency directly. If your transcripts are in English, the evaluation is still required to determine degree and grade equivalency.
- Official final high school transcript from an accredited secondary school or official GED certificate or GED transcript indicating completion of a high school diploma.
The Admissions Office will strictly enforce this checklist of required documents for Transfer application file completion. It is crucial for accurate academic advisement and course selection to have all transfer credits in Banner at the time of registration.
Therefore, proof of High School graduation* and official transcripts from ALL colleges/universities must be received by the Southern Admissions office to complete an application file for admission review and to render an admission decision.
*If you have earned a college degree (Associate, Bachelor’s, etc.) from a regionally-accredited institution that is posted on your official transcript, the High School Transcript requirement will be waived.
Admission decisions are primarily based on the most recent college transcript (minimum 2.0 GPA).