The application process for international students is timely. It is highly recommended that you begin five months prior to the start of the semester you wish to attend. Please note that the fall semester begins late-August and the spring semester mid-January. Below is a checklist of application requirements:
- Online application: The application includes a $50 application fee (payment is made by credit card - American Express, Discover, and Master Card)
- Course-by-course evaluation of all high school and college/university records: Evaluation agency must be a member of NACES - List of acceptable evaluation agencies. For questions about the evaluation process, please contact the agency directly. If your transcripts are in English, theevaluation is still required to determine degree and grade equivalency.
- Proof of English proficiency (waived if English is official language of country of origin): TOEFL, IELTS, Certificate of completion from ELS Academic English Level 112, SAT, or ACT
What are the application requirements for a new transfer student?
- Complete the SCSU Transfer Application or the online.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee when you submit your application online. (Fee waivers are available to those who qualify.)
- Request that official transcripts from each previous college, university, or any other post-secondary institution attended, be sent to SCSU (digital transmission preferred.
- Request that your official final secondary school transcript be sent to SCSU if you have not earned an Associate’s Degree or higher.
- Academic credentials earned at a non-US institution must be translated to English and evaluated course-by-course by an NACES (link) accredited evaluating organization. For questions about the evaluation process, please contact the evaluation service directly. If your transcripts are in English, the evaluation is still required to determine credential and grade equivalency.
- International Students must demonstrate proficiency in the English language through satisfactory performance on one of the following:
- TOEFL - 72 iBT/525 paper;
- IELTS - 6
- ELS Academic English Level 112 certificate of completion
- SAT - 900 (combined critical reading and math only)
- ACT - composite score of 19
- Pearson PTE – 53; or
- Duolingo English Exam -100