As you continue your journey to Southern, you will need to complete different steps to prepare for the Spring semester. Please complete the steps below to access your email (required), schedule advising appointment (required), submit your health form (required), schedule orientation, apply for housing, pay for college, and visit campus.
If you have any questions, you can contact the respective office or the office of Orientation, Transition and Family Engagement at 203-392-5189 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access MySCSU
Throughout your college career, you will need to access MySCSU.
- How to Access MySCSU
- How to Access MySCSU Video
- Your SCSU Student ID and Username are listed in your Application Portal.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Setup and Troubleshooting
Check your SCSU Email using the Outlook App
SCSU Email is the official means of communication from the university. It is your responsibility to check it frequently.
Contact SCSU IT Helpdesk if you have trouble logging in.
If you received transfer credit for English or Math courses you may not need to take placement assessments. Your degree evaluation will show your transfer credit and how it has been applied to your degree. Please check your degree evaluation under General Education LEP Tier 1: Foundations to see your English and Math credit. More info on placement into specific courses can be reviewed here.
Our Academic Advisors are excited to welcome you as our newest Southern Owl!
Transfer advisement appointments begin on November 15, 2021.
The last day to register for Spring 2022 courses is January 18, 2022.
Spring 2022 courses begin on January 19, 2022.
Academic advising offers both in-person and virtual appointments so please pay special attention to the Additional Details provided in your appointment confirmation as it will provide location and link details necessary to attend or access your appointment.
- Schedule an advising appointment as soon as possible. Upon deposit, there is a 24-hour delay to the appointment scheduler. Due to the volume of appointment requests, availability is limited so act quickly.
- There will be less course availability the closer we get to the start of the semester.
- Once appointments run out, walk in advisement begins with wait times and less course options.
- You do not need to wait until Financial Aid is finalized before you can register for classes.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Must have paid deposit/confirmed enrollment
- Click on Schedule an appointment below
- Select Academic Advising and Faculty Office Hours under What type of appointment would you like to schedule?
- Select New Transfer Student Advising for What support or service would you like to schedule?
- Follow remaining prompts to schedule the appointment
- View Additional Details for information on how the appointment will be held
Advising Appointments will Cover the Following
- Clarify how credits were applied to your intended major
- Explain remaining requirements
- Propose a pathway toward graduation
- Assist with course selection
- Help with course registration
- Once registered, you will be eligible to obtain a student ID and parking decal (both free)
If you need assistance, please contact email@example.com. We can’t wait to meet you!
All matriculated (degree seeking) students are required to submit the Connecticut State University Student Health Services Health Form and COVID-19 Immunization Requirements by January 1st.
- Visit Student Health Services Forms to download the form and view instructions. This includes immunization requirements
- All SCSU students are also required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to participate in the Spring 2022 semester.
- Completed forms and COVID vaccine requirements can be uploaded to the Health Services Portal by logging in with your Username and the password you created for MySCSU. Your SCSU Student ID and Username are listed on your Application Portal.
Contact Student Health Services with any questions.
Spring 2022 Transfer Student Orientation and Transition
Transferring to a new institution may be challenging. While most transfer students have found success in college, the prospect of acclimating to a new environment and navigating new processes can be exasperating. Orientation, Transition & Family Engagement provides a number of ways to help support in this transition and invites Spring 2022 transfer students to engage with the following opportunities as they prepare for their first semester at Southern.
TRANSFERmation is the official orientation for transfer students. Virtual sessions will provide an overview of the keys to being successful as a transfer student as well as an opportunity to have your questions answered directly. In-person sessions will include a more robust campus experience, lunch, and breakout sessions specifically designed for transfer students. Transfer students may select an in-person orientation or virtual program. Please note that meeting with an advisor and registering for courses is not part of TRANSFERmation. For more information on how to schedule an advising appointment, please visit Transfer Students - Next Steps.
- Wednesday, December 15th 5pm- 7pm, Virtual
- Monday, January 10th , 10am- 2pm, In-Person (limited to 125 students at this time only. No guests/families.)
- Wednesday, January 12th, 1pm- 3pm, Virtual
All transfer students are enrolled in Digital TRANSFERmation which can be accessed via Blackboard (MySCSU>Blackboard>Organizations>Digital Orientation). This asynchronous platform is specifically designed to complement the virtual and in-person programs. Through Digital TRANSFERmation, students can learn more about the resources and opportunities available to students. Transfer students will be enrolled in segments once they have registered for courses. Please contact Orientation, Transition and Family Engagement if you have yet to be added.
Transfer Student Assistant Outreach
Each new transfer student is assigned to a Transfer Student Assistant (TSA) who is an experienced upper-division student committed to supporting new transfer students throughout their first semester. TSAs will be sending emails continually.
Southern’s Birdseye View
Orientation, Transition and Family Engagement offers new students an opportunity to see campus from an experienced student’s perspective. Much more than a campus tour, these forty-five minute campus overviews are individualized and are by appointment only. The Winter and Spring 2022 Birdseye View scheduled will be available via SSC Navigate after December 1st.
As you continue to make important decisions about your college journey, you’ll be deciding how you will experience Southern’s campus. Living on campus offers exciting experiences, new opportunities for growth and unparalleled convenience.
We hope you choose to live on campus with us. To apply for housing and pay your $250 housing deposit go to your MyHousing portal and follow the steps below.
- Log on to your MySCSU
- Click on "BannerWeb"
- Select "Student Services"
- Click on "Housing"
- Click on "Click here to proceed to MyHousing Portal"
- Next to the Residence Life logo on the top left click on the three lines
- Click "Applications"
- Click on "Spring Housing Application and Deposit"
- Complete the application and pay the $250 non-refundable housing deposit
Click here to see all that residence life has to offer!
Financial aid is funding that is intended to help students pay for tuition and fees, room and board (or living expenses, if commuting), transportation, books and supplies.
- If you plan on applying for financial aid but have not done so please follow the instructions outlined in The Financial Aid Process. The priority date for Spring 2022 is November 1, 2021.
- If you have applied for financial aid you can check the status of your financial aid package, accept your award and complete any requirements.
Remember the FAFSA is a free application and will not ask you for payment.
- Meet one on one with SCSU's free Financial Literacy Advisor, Lew Deluca, who will go over payment plan options, financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Learn how to maximize your educational investment!
The Student Accounts Office is primarily responsible for student billing, payment, refund, and veteran enrollment certification processing. Many services may be completed online.
Visit the Student Accounts website for:
- Tuition and Fees
- Bill Due Dates and Payment Options
- Payment Plans