Honors College Applications
Honors College applications for freshmen applying to the University for Fall 2023 will be accepted from November 11, 2022, through January 3, 2023. Application essays received after this date are part of the second round of evaluations. If openings remain after the conclusion of first round evaluations in March, we will go to the second round applicants to fill any remaining openings for admission to the Honors College and Presidential Merit Scholarship consideration for Fall 2023. Please see the application below for full instructions.
Finalists for the first round of applications will be notified around the end of January/beginning of February and invited to participate in our final evaluation events.
Who may qualify for admission to the Honors College?
- High school seniors with outstanding academic ability; a minimum GPA of 3.6/4.0 is recommended; SAT/ACT scores are not required.
- Students with a strong commitment to service and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Entering freshmen must complete the Honors application to be considered for the program and for scholarship awards.
- Transfer students with outstanding academic records and strong leadership skills with less than 30 credits may join the Honors College with permission of the Director.
- Pre-requisites include a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3 and the completion of ENG 112 or its equivalent.
- Transfer students who want to apply to the Honors College should contact the Honors College Office at (203) 392-5499 at least one month prior to beginning their studies at SCSU to schedule an application interview with the Director.
- Please note that Honors College scholarships are not automatically available to students who transfer into the program; however, all transfer students accepted into the program will be placed on a scholarship waitlist.