The university will hold its undergraduate commencement at Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport.
To help ensure the health and safety of our graduating seniors, faculty and staff Commencement ceremonies scheduled for May 21 and 22 will be cancelled or postponed. We are working to find alternate ways of celebrating this wonderful accomplishment. Please check this website for updates in early May.
Friday, May 22, 2020
Webster Bank Arena
600 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT
For all of the details regarding commencement participation, please review the commencement guides (pdf).
Each graduating student must complete a short survey before they can pick up their reader card and guest tickets.
Guest Tickets Distribution and Candidate Reader Card
- Students eligible to participate in commencement include students who have completed their degree requirements in fall 2019 and winter 2019-20 and students who applied for a spring 2020 and summer 2020 degree with the Registrar’s Office and have earned more than 100 credits (including in-progress credits).
- Tickets will be distributed to students in person with their SCSU I.D. in the Adanti Student Center. Each candidate will receive up to four guest tickets. If you do not need all four tickets, please leave them so that others may use them.
- All guests are required to have a ticket.
- All guest seating is unreserved.
- All candidates must have a commencement reader card for admittance to the garage assembly area.
- This card will include the name of your school.
Ticket and Reader Card Distribution Schedule
- Thursday, May 7, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Adanti Student Center Ballroom Pre-Function area
- Friday, May 8, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.– Adanti Student Center Information Desk
- Saturday, May 9, 8 a.m. to noon – Adanti Student Center Information Desk
- Eligible students participating in commencement must pick up their reader card and guest tickets by May 9.
- Tickets not picked up by Saturday, May 9 will be distributed to others seeking additional tickets for the ceremony.
- Additional tickets can be requested as part of the pick up process. If additional tickets are available, students who requested tickets will be notified by email regarding the distribution date.
Caps and Gowns
Candidates for the bachelor’s degree must purchase a cap and gown at the university bookstore in order to participate in the ceremony. Caps and gowns will be available beginning Wednesday, April 1.
Bookstore hours are Monday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.;
Tuesday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.;
Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.