To be eligible for the Noyce Teaching Scholarship you must...
- Be an undergraduate at SCSU (or a student able to transfer to SCSU)
- Have declared a major in science (preference given to chemistry and physics) or mathematics and be on track to complete this degree by the end of the two-year scholarship (“senior year”).
- Have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Be a U.S. citizen or national, or permanent resident alien.
- Be admitted to the SCSU College of Education (see requirements below)
- Commit to taking courses full-time to complete the teaching certification within two years (by the end of “senior year”).
- Commit to teaching for four years in a high-need school district upon graduation.
Recipients will be selected on the basis of academic merit and for potential success as teachers in high-needs schools. Consideration will be given to financial need and with the goal of achieving diversity in the program, particularly of people traditionally underrepresented in STEM teaching. A selection committee will evaluate the applications, conduct interviews and select recipients.
In order to be considered for the Noyce Teaching Scholarship, you must also apply for admission to the College of Education. Before you submit your application for the Noyce Teaching Scholarship, please make sure you Apply for Admission to the College of Education. (Go to “Admissions” and “Create an admission application".)