Admissions to the Intermediate Administrator (092) Certification Program & Sixth Year Professional Diploma Program
These two programs accept applications on a rolling basis; you may send your application at any time of year. Applicants must complete an admissions portfolio consisting of the following:
- Completed School of Graduate Studies application form with the $50 fee (you may do this on-line).
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended by the applicant demonstrating
a completed master's degree with a GPA of 3.2 or better on a 4.0 scale. (Transcripts
should be mailed directly from the registrar of the institution to [Graduate School
or our Dept?].) Students without the minimum GPA or required years of teaching may
qualify for admission on a probationary status only. Probationary status is removed
following completion of six matriculated credits with a grade of B or better.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from qualified individuals who will attest to the
applicant's school leadership potential
- A current resume
- A two-page (or less) essay on the applicant's exemplary educational experience (including
specific examples) and how the SCSU program will benefit him or her in his or her
endeavor to become an educational leader
- Immunization records to the SCSU Health office (Granoff Hall)
- The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request an additional writing sample from candidates for admission to the program This completed package should be mailed to:
Dr. Madonia/Mary Cubitt
TE-6 Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
Southern Connecticut State University
501 Crescent Street, New Haven, CT 06515
The completed package will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
Qualified applicants will be invited to complete a planned program. The Graduate Office
will issue a formal letter of matriculation into the program.
To be admitted to the Sixth Year Professional Diploma and/or Certification program, the applicant must hold a master's degree from an accredited university with a GPA no less than 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, and must also have completed a minimum of four (4) years of exemplary teaching. Exceptional candidates with three years' teaching experience may be considered based on other aspects of the admissions portfolio.
NOTE: Prior to completing the admissions portfolio, the applicant may take two (2) courses. These courses must be either EDL 680 or 681. Students who enroll in more than two courses prior to being accepted for matriculation seriously jeopardize future admission to the desired programs of study.