Skip to main content
- Students must declare a major upon completion of 60 credits.
- Transfer students with more than 60 credits can begin at SCSU in the Exploratory program, but must declare a major within their first semester.
- Students in the Exploratory program who have between 45-60 earned credits (and incoming transfer students with more than 60 earned credits in their first semester on campus) will have a registration hold put on their ability to register for courses, requiring them to see their academic advisor and make a major declaration decision.
- Students should be aware that a delay in the declaration of a major may result in needing more than 120 credits to graduate with their chosen major.
- Exploratory students can also declare a minor.