Through research, education, and partnerships, our mission is to build capacity in our schools, higher education institutions, vocational settings, and broader communities to enhance the outcomes of individuals with autism spectrum disorders of all ages. The Center serves and supports school-based staff educating children and youth with an autism spectrum disorder living in Connecticut and beyond. The Center of Excellence on Autism Spectrum Disorders consists of three divisions: Training, Research, and Direct Services.
We engage in:
- Direct teaching and support of teachers, parents, community members, and various supporters
- Training of school para-professionals as well as baby sitters and others
- Support for college students with ASD both here at Southern and other colleges & universities
- We host a wide range of Conferences and Scholarly meetings
- Finally, we engage in Basic research and development of resources for individuals and their families
We are actively planning a conference on youth with autism transitioning from high school, Legal issues and Autism, and Autism in the Developing world.
We welcome your financial support. Contributions can be made directly by clicking below or you may be in direct touch with the Center Director, Fred Volkmar MD at email@example.com.