The Center of Excellence on Autism Spectrum Disorders serves and supports school-based personnel educating children and youth with an autism spectrum disorder living in Connecticut and beyond. The Center of Excellence on Autism Spectrum Disorders consists of three divisions: Training, Research, and Direct Services.
The Center offers a variety of trainings and special events throughout the school year. Recordings and information can be found on our Lectures and Special Events page.
The Center also has an email list serve list is for supporters of the Center of Excellence on Autism Spectrum Disorders at Southern Connecticut State University. This list is a way to disseminate information on our programs, projects, and events. Enter your email below to subscribe to our list.
Through research, education, and partnerships, our mission is to build capacity in our schools, higher education institutions, vocational settings and broader communities to enhance the outcomes of individuals with autism spectrum disorders of all ages.
Center Goals And Methods
We do this through a variety of means including:
- Direct teaching and support of teachers
- Outreach to parents, community members and various professional groups supporters
- Conferences and Scholarly meetings
- Basic research and development of resources for individual and their families
The center has collaborated with entities for various events, workshops, and research.
- Ability Beyond Disability
- ASRC (Autism Spectrum Resources Connecticut)
- BRS (Bureau of Rehabilitation Services)
- DDS (Department of Developmental Services)
- DPH (Department of Public Health)
- Handheld Technology
- Hospital for Special Care
- Kennedy Center
- Neighborhood Music School
- Pure Vision Arts
- SDE (State Department of Education)
- SERC (State Education Resource Center)
- Yale Child Study Center