Admissions to the Superintendent Certification Program (093)
Admission to this program is selective and limited. Before consideration the applicant must hold a master's degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better at the post-baccalaureate level. An applicant must hold, or be able to hold, an initial, provisional, or professional educator certificate for intermediate administrator/supervisor. The candidate must be serving in, or have a minimum of, one year's experience in a full-time administrative or supervisory position that requires the intermediate administrator certificate.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Completed School of Graduate Studies application form with the $50 fee (you may do
this on-line at www.southernct.edu/grad.)
- An essay describing prior leadership experience
- A current Resume
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- A written statement of his or her personal vision for education
- Immunization records to the SCSU Health office (Granoff Hall)
This completed package should be mailed to:
Southern Connecticut State University
School of Graduate Studies
Application Processing Center
PO Box 8057
Portsmouth, NH 03802.
Once the application is reviewed, the applicant is interviewed by the department chairman or a member of the faculty.