Admissions to the Superintendent Certification Program (093)
Admission to this program is selective and limited. Before consideration the applicant must hold a master's degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better at the post-baccalaureate level. An applicant must hold, or be able to hold, an initial, provisional, or professional educator certificate for intermediate administrator/supervisor. The candidate must be serving in, or have a minimum of, one year's experience in a full-time administrative or supervisory position that requires the intermediate administrator certificate.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Completed School of Graduate Studies application form with the $50 fee (you may do this on-line)
- An essay describing prior leadership experience
- A current Resume
- Three (2) letters of recommendation
- A written statement of his or her personal vision for education
- Immunization records to the SCSU Health office (Granoff Hall)
Dr. Madonia/Mary Cubitt
TE-6 Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
Southern Connecticut State University
501 Crescent Street, New Haven, CT 06515.
Once the application is reviewed, the applicant is interviewed by the department chairman or a member of the faculty.