fields of employment

fields of employment imageThe personnel who work in the field of communication disorders are speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. These professionals, evaluate, treat and conduct research into human communication and its disorders. The practice and work of these individuals may take place in many types of settings: hospitals, schools, universities, private practice, research laboratories and industry. These individuals may collaborate with medical specialists, educators, engineers, scientists and other allied health professionals and technicians.

Speech-Language Pathologists:


Speech, Language, and Hearing Scientists:

For further information on the professions in communication disorders, visit the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Web site at