The Family Therapy Clinic, open to all, is an integral component of the Marriage and Family Therapy Program at SCSU. We provide non-crisis short and long-term mental health services priced on a sliding scale. Services are provided by advanced graduate student interns under the clinical supervision of program faculty. To provide safe and effective clinical services during the COVID-19 pandemic, we use HIPAA-compliant tele-therapy platforms and are ready to provide virtual sessions to clients. Call our clinic phone number to schedule your intake.
- Family therapy
- Couples therapy
- Individual therapy -- offered for people 18 years of age and older; SCSU and Albertus Magnus students receive services free of charge
- Anger Management Program -- 10 consecutive week program, $150 if paid in full on the first session or $20 if paid weekly
- Parent Education Program -- $200 if paid in full on the first session or $20 if paid weekly, minimum of 12 sessions
- Pre-Visitation Assessment Program -- $150 fee, minimum of 5 sessions
- Assessment of family dynamics and functioning
- Educational programs on family-related topics for community organizations, agency staff, religious groups, educational systems
Fees are on a sliding scale from $10-$60 per clinic hour based on a client's ability to pay.
Parent Education Program
The Parent Education Program (PEP) is a psycho-educational series designed to assist clients who are in need of parenting skills evaluation and training. It is based on an assessment of client skills and an education curriculum to support the development of needed areas of remediation.
The PEP is a 12-session format, which includes an assessment of skill levels and "educational lessons" for 9 parenting domains. The domains selected are practical and considered essential for positive parenting. They include attachment, setting of limits and boundaries, discipline rather than punishment, developmental life cycle stage and task development, family routines and rituals, communications, family nurturance, and play. A full report will be made available upon request.
Hours of Operation
Monday — 9am-7:30pm
Tuesday — 9am-7:30pm
Thursday — 9am-8:30pm
Saturday — 9am-12pm
You are invited to visit our facilities and participate in our activities. Please call for an appointment, for further information, or if you have any questions.
Davis Hall 020B
615 Fitch Street
New Haven, CT 06515
Phone: (203) 392-6415