The nation is facing a growing shortage of both nurses and nursing faculty and the demand for these professionals is expected to grow. In fact, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Registered Nurses is expected to grow by 15% from 2016-2026, much faster than average.
Today, nurses work in diverse roles and settings.
- Staff nurse
- Family nurse practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Nurse working in the military
- Nurses working in an academic setting as a nurse educator
- Nurse working as a geriatric nurse practitioner
- Pediatric nurse who works with children who have cancer
- Nurse working in intensive care
- Nurse working in the emergency department
- Nurse working in parish nursing
- Nurse working in a correctional facility