Program Learning Outcomes
The learning outcomes for the Computer Information Systems (CIS) concentration are as follows:
Graduates of the Computer Information Systems program will be able to:
- analyze a computer-based solution in software and hardware,
- design a computer-based solution in software and hardware,
- implement and evaluate a computer-based solution in software and hardware,
- demonstrate an understanding of the local and global societal impact of computing,
- demonstrate awareness of professional, ethical and social responsibilities related to computing,
- communicate effectively (written and oral),
- function effectively on teams,
- demonstrate recognition of the need for life-long learning and professional development.
- provide methods for delivery of an information system.
- manage and troubleshoot an information system.
- understand current business practices in IT.