- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Program Educational Objectives
The educational objectives for our ABET-accredited Computer Science (General) concentration are as follows:
- Assume an active role in evaluating technologies and methodologies to guide the design and development of computer-based solutions.
- Exercise judgement in the conception and development of computing solutions with an understanding of professional, ethical and social responsibilities.
- Be an effective member of a team and be able to communicate computing solutions in a variety of settings.
- Engage in continuing professional development and/or progress towards an advanced degree.