transfer students

transfer-outside student center

Admission Information

Students wishing to transfer from other accredited institutions of higher learning must have a 2.0 cumulative average. In addition, they should submit official transcripts of their previous college work AND an official copy of their high school transcript, high school diploma OR GED.  These documents should be sent directly by the previous college, university and secondary school to Southern's Admissions Office. Students should also be prepared to provide catalogs from the colleges they previously attended. Admission to Southern does not necessarily mean admission to a professional program.

If you are transferring from a Connecticut college or university, you may be able to view how your courses will transfer to SCSU with this online tool - CT equivalency bank.

Read our brochure for transfer students (pdf).

Questions regarding how your credits transferred? Click here for the Transfer Credit Evaluation Summary form

Please note: Only complete this form if you have applied and been accepted to the university.

Dual Admission Program 

The Dual Admission Program provides students with joint academic advice and simultaneous admission to Connecticut Community Colleges and Connecticut State Universities.