- We will identify and address systemic barriers to equity, access, and success for students, faculty and staff both within and outside of the university
- We will provide forums that encourage critical thinking about societal topics impacting our university, local, and global communities.
- We will provide opportunities to engage in substantive discussions where varying perspectives are welcomed and respected in and outside of the classroom.
- We will not tolerate hate speech or bigotry in our community.
- We will create opportunities to educate each other to the importance of using restorative justice to 1) repair the harm done; (2) resolve conflicts on their own and in small groups where parties decide together; and (3) transform: which can cause fundamental changes in people, relationships and communities.
- We will ensure equitable access to tools, resources, support, and opportunities for faculty and staff.
- We will hire people who reflect the diversity of our student body.
- We will initiate and engage in partnerships that improve education, health, cultural engagement, and opportunities to strengthen well-being in Greater New Haven and beyond.