In-State Tuition

In 2015, the Connecticut General Assembly passed House Bill 6844, approving in-state tuition benefits for undocumented students at the State’s public institutions of higher education provided the following requirements are met:

  • Be a resident of Connecticut.
  • Have attended at least 2 years of high school in Connecticut
  • Have graduated (or received the equivalent of a high school diploma) from a Connecticut high school
  • Is registered as an entering student, or is enrolled at a public institution of higher education in Connecticut
  • Complete an Application for In-State Tuition (option C) to request reclassification to in-state status, which includes an affidavit stating that he or she has filed an application to legalize his or her immigration status, or will file such an application as soon as he or she is eligible to do so.

If you meet this criteria or have questions about the affidavit please contact the Office of Admissions at