Skip to main content
- Upon graduation, music majors will demonstrate an understanding of styles and structures of music and will apply this knowledge through performance.
- Music majors will demonstrate the comprehension of the relationships among multiple traditions, the connection to social trends, histories and styles of music, art, and other disciplines.
- Music majors will demonstrate competencies in theoretical and aural skills through sight-singing performance, generating and analyzing harmony, creating and notating self-generated musical ideas, and the graphic dictation of aural sounds. Please note: As the ability to sight-sing and demonstrate theoretical skills through singing is crucial for all musicians, this learning outcome is applicable to all music majors, regardless of whether the student is an instrumentalist or a vocalist.
- Music majors will demonstrate the ability to extemporaneously compose musical ideas through improvisational performance.
- Members of performing ensembles will demonstrate cooperative learning and creative expression through performance.