We have numerous laboratories equipped with research-grade apparatus dedicated to:
- nano-materials synthesis
- materials characterization by atomic force scanning probe and electron microscopy, spectrophotometry, custom apparatus for measurement of electrical and thermal transport properties (superconductors) at low temperatures
- advanced sample preparation techniques for transmission and scanning electron microscopy
- laser spectroscopy, interferometric, fiber optic and other photonics studies
- astronomical imaging and instrument development
- computational modelling of exotic magnetic systems and other many body events
- high temperature superconductivity
Faculty also have ongoing work at leading national facilities such as Brookhaven National Laboratory and the Gemini Observatory.
See Physics Areas of Research for more information.