Program Starts January 2, 2023|Five-Week Hybrid Certificate: $995
Connecticut has become a nucleus of bioscience advances, with one of America's highest concentrations of scientists and engineers – from groundbreaking research and personalized medicine to device manufacturing of the latest metal technology. As one of the nation’s fastest growing hubs in bioscience, there are more than 23,000 science professionals across more than 500 companies in Connecticut.
Technical communication is the art and science of dissecting, clarifying, and condensing complex data and information into readable, accessible material for a specific audience.
Southern's Technical Communication for the Sciences certificate is designed to prepare students and mid-career professionals to produce effective, instructive, and concise communication for the science workplace. Students will learn best practices in communication and presentation for end-users who may include a variety of professional, technical, consumer, and specialized audiences.
What role does technical communication play in the workplace?
- Everyday applications: emails, memos, presentations
- An essential skill for all job sectors
- Necessary for career advancement
- Apply effective technical communication strategies
- Utilize best practices in editing, revising, and researching
- Facilitate understanding of workplace-relevant products and processes
Choose to write with SCSU:
- If you're a student, scientist, engineer, or mid-career professional
- If you're in marketing, sales, research and development, quality assurance
- If you're retooling for an exciting new career or re-entering the workplace.
Learn from industry professionals in a course created and facilitated by a highly experienced writer instructor, SCSU's Stephanie Fischer.
Questions? Contact Professor Stephanie Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org