The SCSU Office for STEM Innovation and Leadership is a university-wide office designed to develop, strengthen, and promote interdisciplinary STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) research, education, and outreach for SCSU and the Southern Connecticut region.
It is a collaborative enterprise across SCSU academic units, other regional higher education organizations, school districts, regional offices of education, government agencies, business, and the community at large. The Office provides expertise in STEM research and education program design and implementation.
- Provide infrastructure supporting SCSU Centers of Excellence;
- Facilitate and promote innovations in undergraduate and graduate STEM teaching and research;
- Build and support interdisciplinary teams of SCSU faculty and students to conduct STEM research and education projects;
- Facilitate and promote entrepreneurial initiatives via cross university and industry collaboration
- Research, develop, and incubate new certificate, degree and professional development training programs;
- Strengthen professional relationships and coordinate outreach to regional industry;
- Develop, coordinate, and promote new and existing STEM-related public outreach to the Southern Connecticut region;
- Develop and maintain a STEM resource center for in-service & pre-service teachers, SCSU faculty, industry volunteers and other local stakeholders;
- Enhance teaching and learning of STEM for pre-service and in-service teachers;
- Provide resources and expertise in STEM education research to SCSU faculty, students and the community.
The Office for STEM Innovation and Leadership strives to promote interdisciplinary collaboration between STEM departments at SCSU.
- Computer Science
- Earth Science
- The Environment, Geography, & Marine Sciences
Southern Connecticut State University
Phone: (203) 392-7480