The Global Business Students Competition is a stakeholder-centric case-based experiential education activity that inspires student innovation, where national and international students are immersed in analyzing multi-national business-related challenges and presenting impactful recommendations to the participating companies. The competition runs annually.
The Global Business Students Competition consists of two phases:
- Case presentation and Q&A session: Student teams will be presented with an array of case studies with open-ended questions to explore and address. Cases will be presented to the participating teams. Expectations from the participating companies will be conveyed to the student participants during the Case presentation. Students’ questions will also be answered. Each team may choose to engage in multiple case studies if they so choose.
- Student team presentations: Team presentations are delivered virtually. Each team presentation, delivered to a judging panel, must include the team’s significant, innovative, and implementable recommendations (20 minutes), and is followed by a Q & A session, which will last approximately 15 minutes. Student teams should send a copy of their presentation at least one day before to Birasnav Muthuraj, PhD (email@example.com). Awards will be given to those two teams that are judged to have provided the strongest recommendations.
The competition is open to full-time students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate business program in a college/university.
Interested students may register by either:
- Submitting their name at the Registration Portal. The School of Business Director of Experiential Education (see below), will place them onto a team, or
- Submitting the names of two to four students at the Registration Portal who will form a team.
Dates and Corporate Participants
Registration must be received by December 31, 2023, and the team presentation is scheduled on February 23, 2024. Corporate participants for the 2024 competition include:
- Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals Inc., and
- Benchmark Electronics
For further information please contact:
Birasnav Muthuraj, PhD
Director: Experiential Education Platform